The Resource Countdown : our last, best hope for a future on Earth?
- Countdown : our last, best hope for a future on Earth?
- Title remainder
- our last, best hope for a future on Earth?
- Statement of responsibility
- Alan Weisman
- Weisman investigates the chances for humanity's future. He traveled to over 20 countries to ask: How many humans can the planet hold without capsizing? How robust must the Earth's ecosystem be to assure our continued existence? Can we know which other species are essential to our survival? And, how might we actually arrive at a stable, optimum population, and design an economy to allow genuine prosperity without endless growth? In visiting an extraordinary range of the world's cultures, religions, nationalities, tribes, and political systems to learn what in their beliefs, histories, liturgies, or current circumstances might suggest, Weisman vividly details the burgeoning effects of our cumulative presence--and reveals what may be the fastest, most acceptable, practical, and affordable way of returning our planet and our presence on it to balance.
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Science and Technology, 2013.
- Assigning source
- --Adapted from publisher description
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .W454 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Countdown : our last, best hope for a future on Earth?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Countdown : our last, best hope for a future on Earth?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.monon.lib.in.us/resource/bRy5JrGE_XA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.monon.lib.in.us/resource/bRy5JrGE_XA/">Countdown : our last, best hope for a future on Earth?</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.monon.lib.in.us/#MTTPL"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.monon.lib.in.us/">Monon Town and Township Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Monon Town and Township Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...